[elvin-discuss] Hello All

Matthew Phillips matt at mattp.name
Sat Oct 13 00:35:27 CDT 2007

On 13/10/2007, at 1:04 AM, William R. Hazlewood wrote:

> At our university we are building a "Living Lab" out of a small
> house on campus.  The house will be heavily outfitted with
> different sensors. My plan was to just write an app that had each
> sensor as a producer on an elven server, and this would allow any
> students to have access to the sensor information.  I wanted to do
> things in C# but I'll be just as happy in Java. I'll get this all
> set up with one of the other elvin implementations, and see if i
> can report on some of the going's on. I'd be happy to supply any
> sort of debugging info you need as well.

That would be great. It seems like a lot of the current users of
Elvin are in universities. Which is a good thing, since it's a
perfect fit for a lot of the projects students work on and can easily
be extended into 'production' use. Will be interested to hear how you
go - sensor data seems like another area that Elvin is well suited
to. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Matthew.