[elvin-discuss] Elvin Client Protocol 4.0 draft 5

David Arnold davida at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 05:37:41 CST 2007

-->"Matt" == Matthew Phillips <scramjet at internode.on.net> writes:

  Matt> On 11/01/2007, at 5:59 PM, David Arnold wrote:
  >> - added a discussion of connection/QoS option names, negotiation
  >> process and individual option semantics

  Matt> Is a description of the QOS packets still on the cards?

oh, yeah, i suppose i should ... :-)

  Matt> Do any client libs except the C one support it?

i don't think any of the current client libraries implement it,
actually.

  Matt> I've updated Avis to match the new spec. So I think all that's
  Matt> needed now are a few configuration file additions and other
  Matt> minor cleanups and I can slap a 1.0 beta sticker on it.

yay!

  Matt> I was also hoping for some feedback from the people that have
  Matt> apparently downloaded Avis 130 times, but been very quiet so
  Matt> far. The lack of comment is either a very good or very bad sign
  Matt> ;)

if my experience with elvind at DSTC is an indicator, silence means
either that they installed it but couldn't figure out how to change the
UI theme before getting distracted, or it works fine :-)