[elvin-discuss] Re: Elvin spec

David Arnold david at mantara.com
Wed Jan 10 23:32:30 CST 2007

-->"Ian" == Ian Lister <ilister at mantara.com> writes:
  Ian> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, David Arnold wrote:

  >> what is required, i think, is a way for the router to inform the
  >> client library that a requested feature is not supported.  i'm
  >> proposing that we use Nack error code 2007 for this.

  Ian> Sure. No problem with that.

Ok, good.  I'll try to push an -05 spec draft today with both that and
the TCP.Send-Immediately option included.

  Ian> For recognised but unsupported features requested in the
  Ian> ConnRqst, the router would still send a ConnRply though, right?

yeah.

protocol v4.0 clients don't have a way to request features in the
ConnRqst, so this spec will say nothing about that.

once the Mantara-4.4.x functionality is specified, i think the
notify/subscribe/quench request option processing would be work the same
as it does for auth (ie. what the router is prepared to give you is sent
in the ConnRply).