[elvin-discuss] Re: Elvin spec

Matthew Phillips matt at mattp.name
Wed Dec 27 21:50:34 CST 2006

On 28/12/2006, at 9:28 AM, David Arnold wrote:

> On 22/12/2006, at 10:48 AM, Ian Lister wrote:
>
>>> too, I think I prefer
>>>
>>>  >> TCP.Send-Packets-Immediately
>>>
>>> because it's something you can turn _on_.
>>
>> Likewise, but I think it's a little unnecessarily verbose, and it
>> could be "TCP.Send-Immediately" or "TCP.Immediate-Send" without
>> any loss of meaning.
>
> ok, so: any objections to the option named
>
>    TCP.Send-Immediately
>
> being set true to mean that Nagle's algorithm should be disabled
> for a connection (overriding the default which SHOULD be false)?

Fine by me.

Are there any other planned changes to the spec?

Actually, now I think about it, one minor thing that I would like to
add is a "not implemented" NACK code for use by implementations that
do a subset of the spec. Or perhaps a way to indicate that via
connection options, similar to "Supported-Key-Schemes". e.g.
"Supported-Protocol-Subsets: A, B".

Matt.